..

..

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Do You Remember

This is going to be a short post I may have more later lol I am in the process of  clearing out my closet *small workspace* I ran across this panel I brought so many years ago, by Daisy Kingdom.  I know I will never use it and I don't see me in the near future making any baby quilts or blankets.  You know how go shopping for fabrics and all kinds of ideas buzz through your head?  Well at the time I guess I was having one of those moments, before I got real serious into making cloth dolls I use to be a BIG collector of dolls.  I mean if it was doll related I brought it.

Those times have long gone along with my doll rooms.  I have many dolls stored in my basement that I will be putting up for sale, I just don't have the room for them anymore.  I had given myself a rule if it couldn't fit in the curio cabinets then they had to go.  I have two large curios where I keep my prized doll collections some very expensive others I just had to have them.  Among those are my favorites to collect which are China heads and old play dolls from the 40's to the late 70's some a little newer.  Gosh I'm getting side track okay on to the panel I am going to be putting it in my Etsy shop sometime this week but if anyone is interested in it just let me know.  It is 45 1/2 by 32 1/2 inch panel The price is $10.00 includes travel fees in the States I have to calculate travel fees outside of the States.  It's really cute and I can see some quilters out there making a nice binky for that special baby.  It reminds me so much of Kims stuffed animals here is her blog I just love them http://primsbykim.blogspot.com/2010/03/here-kitty-kitty.html  *I was going to use it for a doll quilt* lol.   

Peace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch JOY~!

7 comments:

  1. Thats so sweet.I would lovee to see your old dolls you have maybe sometime you can blog about them.Im getting back into collecting dolls,I had stopped for a while,lol~~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Becky I think I will sometime this week since I am out of SUPPLIES! so I wont be making dolls for awhile until I am able to go out and purchase more supplies.

    Peace and Blessings
    Cheryl...Snatch JOY~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh how I love just popping in...like I sit with the Mammy's and chat awhile...How are you feeling I ask, we sip tea and just pass some time...and how is their creator? blessings ms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cheryl, I hope everything is going great with you! I am sure missing seeing your posts! xoxo Christel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl, It is good to see you. Those dolls: Summer and Rain are delightful. I love their frocks. Makes me so mad to see how much time you spend working on them for very little reward. I posted some pictures of some dolls on flicker recently that I have been trying to identify and then I came hear and read about your doll collection. I cannot wait to see them when you do decide to sell. Here is my Flickr link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76345910@N00/sets/72157623657604263/
    Stop by and say Hello.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl! I just wanted to stop by and get some "adore" time in with your Mammies! They bring such a smile to my heart!
    Xoxoxxx Ree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl!!!! You must be making a bunch of your wonderful dolls!!!! Where are you!!!! Hope all is ok!!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete